Hi!

After watching the weather reports for the past few days, it
appears that Hurricane Jimena - or its remnants - will make
a western turn out to the Pacific instead of continuing on its
northern march toward Arizona.  With this in mind, and the
fact that the upcoming weekend is a holiday weekend here in the
US, I'm going to make a road trip to grid DM31 in southern
Arizona for Saturday (5 September) afternoon and evening.  This
is the only grid that covers Arizona that I have yet to operate
from via satellite.

If I have to go to the office in the morning, I should still be
on the AO-51 passes in the late afternoon and early evening passes
to the east and west.  If I don't have to work, I'll be on for
AO-27 passes earlier in the afternoon.  If I can leave Phoenix
early enough, there are SO-50 passes in the late morning and around
midday I could work from there.  As I do with my other road trips
and hamfest demonstrations from various parts of Arizona, I can get
on VO-52 if I am in a good stopping place during those late-morning
passes.  I will not stick around for the VO-52 passes in the
evening, as that area is not a friendly place to be after dark.

John K8YSE was out here last fall, putting this grid into the logs
of many satellite operators (including my log - thanks!).  For those
who missed him then, here's another chance to get this rare grid
logged.  Most of the grid stretches into northern Mexico, with the
Arizona portion covering parts of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
(where I will operate from, a few miles/km north of the USA/Mexico
border) and a wildlife refuge.  This does not leave many choices for
stopping and operate from down there.  I'll stay on the Arizona side
of the border fence, and hope to work as many as I can for those
passes.

As with many of my trips, anyone working WD9EWK from DM31 who is
interested in a QSL card only needs to e-mail me with the details
of the QSO(s) made with me.  If you're in the log, I will send you
a card - even if you are in Canada, Mexico, or somewhere else that
falls in any of those footprints.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/