From: "William Leijenaar" <pe1...@yahoo.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 13:29 UTC
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Improving satellite reporting

Hi AMSATs,

The tinny transponder design is finished and tested. I can make copies when
there is interrest. My visit to Ham Fair in Tokyo was for me a kind of
milestone to finish the design and make it public to the people. (I like to
design something well done, before make it available to others, this avoids
modifications and extra work later).

It is not easy to make the LE005-R2 transponder design without having the
right tools. This is also the reason why I cannot sell it like a kit for
people to solder at home.
The design is made at a profesional level (as development engineer I am
dealing with it dayly) and can be made with use of a pick and place machine
and reflow soldered for large quantities in a factory when needed. This is
only profitable at large quantities.

For small quantities its cheaper and faster to do it with my small reflow
system. The quality is guarenteed as I can do manual inspection and full
testing myself.

The next step is doing space environment tests, but that takes some more
time and money. In case you have a working thermal vaccuum chamber in your
garage, let me know ;o)

The LE005-R2 is designed for space environment but not officially tested
yet.
However, the design is well suited for applications like terresterial
transponders.

73, with kind regards,
William Leijenaar, PE1RAH
---