All,

If you have not made your reservations for the AMSAT symposium, please do so
as soon as you can!!

This will be AMSAT's 40th anniversary and we are planning some great events
at the symposium.  And there is a lot of "free stuff" and amenities at this
symposium..so a great deal of bang for your buck.

For example:
Free internet in the rooms and in the conference facility
Free parking
All AMSAT member get free admittance to the 40th Anniversary Party Friday
Evening---food, cake, etc.
Beautiful flat screen televisions in each room
Great Banquet Speaker--- Martin Collins, Smithsonian Institution National
Air and Space Museum Curator, Space History Museum, "Making the Space Age,
the First 50 years"
High-Caliber paper presentations on recent Satellite Developments and
satellite operations
Poster Session with Satellite, University, and ARISS activities presented.
An AMSAT 40th anniversary retrospective is included
IARU Satellite Forum
ARISS Operations Team Meeting---ARISS team members and new volunteers are
welcome to attend
Great prizes from major ham radio manufacturers

So make your reservations!  We look forward to seeing many of you in "Charm
City"-Baltimore, Maryland-for the AMSAT 40th Anniversary Celebration.

73,
Frank Bauer, KA3HDO and Janet Bauer
2009 AMSAT Symposium Co-Chairs

Ps  If you haven't already done so, consider presenting a paper this year.
Dan Schultz is still accepting papers via n8...@amsat.org.  And I plan to
post the meeting agenda in the next couple of days (we are having a
Symposium team meeting this evening-so you will get the latest information).