Hi!

I made a quick drive up the I-17 freeway yesterday to the Sunset
Point rest area, about 50 miles/80km north of Phoenix in grid
DM34we.  I had intended on trying my hand in the ARRL VHF contest
that was in progress, using the all-mode gear I typically use on
VO-52.  No luck there, but I did work two passes from the rest
area (one each, on AO-27 and SO-50) before a thunderstorm prevented
me from trying one more SO-50 pass around sunset.  I only logged 17
QSOs between those two passes.  This spot is close enough to the
Phoenix area where I can return to it for future satellite activity
on short notice.

I think most of you who worked me up there yesterday already have
grid DM34 confirmed from my past trips, where I've worked from
several different locations in this grid including a couple of grid
boundaries (DM34/DM35 and DM34/DM44) in the last couple of years.
If you would like to receive a QSL card confirming a QSO from
yesterday, please e-mail me directly.  If you're in the log, I'll
send out a card.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/