Your radio will work fine at 437.405 that is the radio in our ground station

Nick UL CAPE Team

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Nathaniel S. Parsons
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:00 AM
To: AMSAT-BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] Kenwood TS-2000 Birdies

Hi all,

I am a student on CUSat <http://cusat.cornell.edu>, one of Cornell
University's satellite project teams. You may remember me from my previous
call for help to resolve our antenna crises. I don't think I sent a
follow-up to the bb, but we were able to recover from that crisis in large
part due to your help, so thank you.

Recently, it has come to my attention that the TS-2000, the transceiver in
our ground station, has a birdie at 436.800MHz. To me, this seems very close
to the frequency coordinated for our satellite by the IARU, 437.405 MHz.
Should we worry about this, or will we be fine with the TS-2000?

If the consensus is that it's best to switch radios, what would be best for
us? We don't need anything more than VHF/UHF, and computer control.

Thanks,
Nate Parsons
KC2SVI