Bob,

Just saw the message about L band being activated and
checked it out on the morning western pass.  Signals were
much stronger on 435.300 than they were on 435.150 and I
do have polarity switching.  Seems like more than 3db.

No one was on the 1303z pass but if you are full duplex,
you can always talk to yourself.  I had good copy with
10 watts and your 13T Helix all the way down to 1 degree (my
best direction, southwest). The only thing more power and a
bigger antenna would achieve would be to overcome the radar
interference.  No radome on the antenna; we'll leave it this
way over the winter and see what happens when there is snow and
ice.

John K8YSE