On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Joseph Armbruster
<josepharmbrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
> Is there any type of document around that provides a brief summary of all
> current Amsat projects and the type of funding / support that is needed for
> each?
>
> This was my first time at the symposium and I haven't made it through all
> the pamphlets and papers yet, so forgive me if this was part of the package.
>
> Joe

Hi,

if a gross estimate of $200,000 is needed for a stand-alone cubesat
form mission, and there are "... about half are life-members..." of
the 3,800 (re: Martha's estimate) of amsat-na members, that means that
the average per capita support required from these active amsat-na
members would be: $200,000 divided by (50% of 3800)  = $200,000 / 1900
= $263 or so.

If $263 is a difficult amount to pay up front, then think of it in 24
monthly installments: $10 each month - not bad for a hobby compared to
the price of a decent lunch at Burger King, KFC, Subway etc. The one
thing I would need to know is this extra donation tax-exempt or not
and would we get a receipt for it in time for U.S. taxes ?

I am willing to pay a bit more than that as my own donation soon for
supporting AMSAT-NA sponsored R&D.

-samudra