Tim N3TL said:

"I also don't share your view of?satellite operation using a handheld or
otherwise portable station, which is less than positive. Again, I mean no
disrespect - but I find very little challenge and even less satisfaction in
making a satellite contact running 50-100 watts into?a pair of long,
multi-element yagis being controlled for az/el by computers - and using a radio
being computer controlled for Doppler.? Of course, many more satellite
operators share views closer to yours than mine - or, at least, it seems that
way."

Point taken, but there are two ways to enter the satellite section of this
hobby.

1. The linear satellite way (FO-29, AO7 and VO-52). This was the way I
selected. My early goal was to operate AO-40, and the station was constructed
for this AMSAT project.

2. The second way is via the FM satellites.

Both ways are valid. It all depends which way a person came to make that first
satellite contact. It's still a thrill either way.

Respectively

Mike (K9QHO)
AMSAT 33589