As was commented earlier ITAR certainly does makes it tricky when try to sell
something to an American customer who isn't allowed to tell you what they want.

Am I right in thinking the penalty for a US citizen who incorrectly interprets
ITAR and inadvertantly breaches it can be a 4 figure fine or jail term ?

I infer from previous comments on this list that ITAR also prevents detailed
discussion of an amateur satellite via an email list that is open to non-US
citizens and might also impact on a Wiki or articles written by US Nationals in
publications such as the AMSAT Journal.

73 Trevor M5AKA