OK, here's another question for you:

My 70cm and 2m yagis are currently in an "X" (each set of elements 45 deg off
horizon) orientation on the boom. I did this to minimize interaction between
the two. However, I'm wondering if performance may be improved by mounting them
with on set of elements perpandicular to horizon and the other parallel.

The only thing that comes to mind is the manner in which the ground influences
the signal path should the elements be at right angles instead of 45 deg.

Thoughts?