8 turn helix on K5GNA D/C, with 40' run of 9913 to FT736 ( my 2.4 and 1.2
GHz setup ) gave same audio performance at the 435.300 on the FT847 with
preamp - excellent signal on both, full quite most of the time when
receiving.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ve4yz.alan/VE4YZ#5202556475297897490  this is
last years photo using RG6 which has been replaced.

Ran them side by side on the 22:20 pass... Too busy relearning to do manual
Doppler on the 2.4GHz link to note S readings.  Got Clare VE4NPC okay but
missed completing full QSO with a couple of others do to lack of a 3rd hand.

It is 00:02 and I hear it coming up again.  Will watch S readings this time.