Hi Samundra,

don't see which path loss you assumed, but for 1 AU (149 mill km), I
calculate 286 dB @32 GHz.

Also 3000K seems much to bad.. assume 300K.

So let's add up for 1 AU:

40 dBm (10W) +2x56.4 dBi -286 = -133.2 dBm at RX input

1 Gbit/s assumes 1 GHz bandwidth. 300K is roughly -174 dBm/Hz.
1 GHz = 60dB worse = -116 dBm.

So you end up with -133.2 - (-116) = -17.4 Eb/No.. not good.

If you add 20dB you end up at 2.6 dB Eb/No. Not brilliant, but close.
20dB means 0.1 AU instead of 1 AU = 14.9 Mill km.

I think your result was 4.6E9 m (!), not km.. which is 4.6 mill km.
Should be it, if getting back to your assumed 3000K RX.

73s Achim, DH2VA