For VHF/UHF you need proper good quality co-ax relays.
They're not cheap and those available surplus are often 28/48/110V coils.

Elan Portnoy wrote:
> I have both vertical and horizontal elements of my 70cm yagi coming into the
> shack via separate runs of LM400. They meet in a box with bits of coax for
> matching and phasing before going to the radio.
>
> I would like to add a relay to make polarity changes quick and easy. Do I
> need to use a specific type of relay or will a garden variety DPDT from Radio
> Shack be sufficient?
>
> Thanks,
> Elan WB2IOL

Nigel A. Gunn,  1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA.  tel +1 937
825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF),  e-mail ni...@ngunn.net       www
http://www.ngunn.net
Member of  ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548,  Flying Pigs QRP Club
International #385,
            Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691,  AMSAT-UK 0182, MKARS,  ALC,
GCARES, XWARN.