On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 04:24:49PM -0800, Tim Goodrich wrote:
> I've seen satellite tracking software that works for portable operations
> such as the old Palm Pilots and also on smartphones that have Windows Mobile
> or Palm OS.

> The new Droid phone on the android platform looks really interesting and I
> was wondering if anyone knew if

> 1)      The aforementioned apps would work on this OS

I have a G1, which also runs Android.  (I also work at a shop that does
smartphone programming.)  Palm is a very different programming environment
from Windows Mobile, and both are quite different from Android, although
both WM and Android are Java based, they won't run each other's programs.

> 2)      Are there any satellite tracking apps specifically made to run on
> the Android?

Not yet.  None that I'm aware of, anyway.  It's on my list, but someone
else will probably get to it before I do.  That's what usually happens.