Until we get the "official" reply from Erich, here is what I did to save
time doing exactly what you are trying to do primarily because of the time
it takes to set up the satellites and groups.  If you have a file compare
utility such as Beyond Compare you can see which files are in CFGII located
in \Documents and Settings\...\UserName\Application Data\SatPC32\CfgII and
also in the folder below it. In my case 65 files.  Copy them from the
SATPC32 folder to ..\CfgII and you will have 2 identical configurations,
almost!   Copying from CFGII to CFGIII and CFGIV are easier as you just copy
the whole folder and overwrite the files.  When you start SatPC32 in the new
config for the first time you many be missing sats in the bottom right
corner.  Go into the "Satellites" menu  and do a SHOW OFF and then SHOW ON
and they will reappear.

This is also the clue to having more than 4 configurations.