Michael, W4HIJ wrote:
>Interesting stuff Alex.
> I'm currently working on an FM satellite station as that's all I can
>afford at present but I hope some of the NextGen birds will carry linear
>transponders too. At any rate, it all sounds very exciting.
>73,
>Michael W4HIJ

ARISSat-1 is flying a V/U Linear transponder with the 10.7MHz IF SDX board, the
NextGen bus will fly the same equipment.
I'm hoping that we can fly an L/S Linear transponder & 10.7MHz IF Matrix as
payload on the NextGen satellites.

They're not going to be the most powerful transmitters nor the largest antennas
flown, since we've got a limited power, mass, and volume budget.

Remember, we're talking about a 3kg mass budget, a 3 liter (10cm x 10cm x 30cm)
volume budget and an 8w DC power budget for the spacecraft
. . . Think the size of a loaf of bread.

Alex, N3NP