From: <wolth...@msu.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 9:12 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Help with Yaesu g5500

I bought a used Yaesu g5500 and it has a strange problem. The AZ works
perfect, but when I push the EL button it seems to work (ie. Move up or
down) about 1 out of 4 tries. I can regularly duplicate the issue where I
can't get EL to change. If I wait 30mins and come back then it sometimes
works right away.

The rotor itself was into Yaesu and they said it was 100% perfectly fine. I
have tried swapping the AZ/EL cables around and no difference.

It has to be a controller issue I think. Any ideas before I box it up and
ship it to Yaesu to check?

When it works, it works fine and typically for 5-10mins straight, but then
suddenly it will not change again.

Mike
kb8zgl