Hi!

I will have an AMSAT table at the Superstition Amateur Radio
Club's annual hamfest in Mesa, Arizona, on Saturday 5 December
2009.  The hamfest will be in the southwest parking lot at Mesa
Community College, along the east side of Dobson Road between
Southern Avenue and the US-60 freeway (exit 177) in grid DM43bj.
The hamfest starts at 0600 local time (1300 UTC) and officially
runs until 1400 local time - although this hamfest typically shuts
down between 1100 and 1200 local time.  More information about the
hamfest is available at:

http://wb7tjd.org/hamfest/

During the hamfest, WD9EWK will be on several satellite passes
for demonstrations:

AO-51: 1254-1309 and 1434-1447 UTC
AO- 7: 1448-1510 UTC
VO-52: 1618-1630 and 1754-1806 UTC
SO-50: 1730-1742 UTC

On AO-7, look for me around 145.960-145.965 MHz USB.  On the
VO-52 passes, look for me around 145.910-145.915 MHz USB.
Don't worry, these satellites work fine away from the center
of the passband.  :-)

Satellite demonstrations using both FM and SSB have been great
for attracting crowds for demonstrations at other hamfests in
the past year.  At some hamfests, VO-52 passes would attract
the largest crowds.  Using a pair of FT-817NDs with a handheld
antenna, working the satellite at 5W, and not relying on computer
control of radios or antennas helps to dispel the myths about how
complex non-FM satellite operation has to be.

I hope to hear many of you on these passes Saturday morning.
If anyone working WD9EWK would like a QSL for contacts during
these demonstrations, please e-mail me directly with the QSO
details.  If you're in the log, I'll gladly mail you a QSL card.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/