Just got my first few QSO'S on the linear transponder of HO-68. It was like a
small motel room with all efficiencies but walls are in
cardbox and you can hear the 3 rooms on each side. But what an excellent signal
and audio was Q5 on any station i was able to hear. It was
like 20 meter band on a contest day...

Recommendation just tune the higher frequency (The downlink). Messing with the
uplink just not work as you step over a lot of stations. It
is by far the strongest linear satellite and i will try auto doppler on the
next linear session. I count about 15 simultaneous station at
the same time and the dowlink power was holding even with some excessive uplink
power at times!  It is understandable as the new toy was
just getting out of the box...

As the power budget is higher the transponder is able to give enough signal to
a lot more stations. The key is high downlink power to be
able to sustain more station at the same time. But just try to reduce your
power when the satellite is overhead he's just above you at TCA
Time to Closest Approach

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE