Attempted to use this mode on 2 passes but was not successful.
Several   stations   tried   to  work on the first pass over Australia
(07:51 UTC 29 Dec) but audio was very weak and there was a lot of
interference on the signal.
Some  stations had difficulty netting onto frequency, probably because
they could not hear themselves clearly.
On the second pass I could hear no other stations attempting to access
and  while  the  downlink  signal  was strong there were all manner of
noises  present and only once or twice could I actually hear my voice
among the noises.
I'm  sure  that  last time AO-51 was in this mode it worked reasonably
well.
Will be interested to hear reports from other continents to see if the
interference was specific to this region.

73
Alex / VK5ALX