On 2010-01-03 14:42, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
> Do you at least share the footprint with the other station?

Yes. We had a 2 deg elevation and the satellite was about midway between
OZ7SAT and UA9UAZ over the Kola peninsula.

> I suspect that the operator had the PL tone ON so his packets were being
> repeated through the FM repeater.  I think that would make the packet look
> like it came directly to your station, without a path.

That sounds like a very plausible explanation.

> I understand that packet operators should turn their PL tone OFF in order to
> prevent this.

Agree.

> Congratulations to Nader for uploading three messages successfully!  I am
> interested in his Wisp/MSPE TNC settings.  For example, what the Retries time
> was set to, TxDelay, etc.

For what it is worth, here are the settings we use. You have to be
rather aggressive when connecting to a satellite, so the T1 timer is set
very low:

Window size: 1
T1: 0.5 sec
Retry count 10
Maximum packet length. 128

The latter is probably not necessary with HO-68, but it was with GO-32.

Best 73 de Bent/OZ6BL