Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 05:58:39 +0000
From: w7...@comcast.net
To: glasbren...@mindspring.com
CC: amsat-bb@amsat.org; ko6th_g...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: probably simple

Hi Greg, Drew, etc

This conversation is starting to make my head hurt!  My example is to connect
with some of our European friends.  Some of them I share maybe a 60 second
window, with PA1TNO it is less than 30 seconds.  I have had several false
starts in that I heard Paul 2E1EUB, by the time I located my downlink on his,
he was gone.  I want to predetermine where to set my uplink for a given
downlink.  There just is no the time be looking around.  Like I said this is
probably simple I'm just have trouble getting my thinking around the concept.
Also if say I am planning on a downlink of 145.950 will Paul be looking at the
same frequency?  In the past these concepts never concerned me as there was
always plenty of time to yak it up with the locals on AO-7.

73 Bob W7LRD

CN87 Seattle, Wa.