I have an issue that appears to be with SatPC32 although I could be wrong.

When I use SatPC32, all works fine with my USB-to-serial adapter
controlling the radio.  If I shut down SatPC32 and start HamRadioDeluxe,
generally speaking, I cannot control HRD.  It's as if the USB-to-serial
adapter is still wanting to talk to SatPC32.  Starting up SatPC32 in the
same session works fine.  I have found that a restart of the PC is not
usually enough to release the USB adapter - a full shutdown is
required.  Occasionally, unplugging and replugging the USB adapter will
work, but not often.

USB adapter:  U232-P9
PC:  Dell E520
OS:  Vista 32-bit
RAM:  3GB
SatPC32:  v12.8a
HRD:  v5.0 build 2434 Beta

When I was getting the version numbers, I started SatPC first and then
HRD.  Right now, it's working as it should.  Even changing satellites,
thus making the radio switch modes, doesn't cause HRD to fail on
start-up.  So, I cannot make it *not* work right now.

Thanks,
Joel, W4JBB