Hello Satellite Friends,
    I'm very sorry to pass along the information below
about my dear friend Jim, W6ASL. Many of you may
have worked Jim as he was quite active on the birds,
using his indoor antenna setup.
    I met Jim through the microwaves and will never forget
the 10 GHz QSO with him from Mt Shasta to his back yard (CM87).

de KB8VAO, Steve
RIP Jim W6ASL(sk)

Subject: [Sbms] Jim, W6ASL

I am sorry to pass along this information from
Jim Von Striver's daughter. Jim, W6ASL after a
short illness battling emphysema and pneumonia
passed away on Friday January 15, 2010.
Services are pending.

Jim was a true friend, a nice guy and always a gentleman.
He will be missed by many friends and family.

Ron, K6GZA