For those who are still dreaming for a HEO in the mean time  just check below
you can have your own LEO/tube sat satellite for 8000$ launch
included  payable with the major credit card and you even have payment options!

I'm just waiting to see one of them on E-Bay

As they said "TubeSats are designed to be orbit-friendly.  Launches are
expected to begin in December of 2010." Probably the replacing
solution for our aging AMSAT-NA satellite fleet? Anyone with 8000$ can own his
own satellite let me guess in a couple of years the same
repeater frenzy will also reach the amateur satellite world. No more need of
club or organization or IARU frequencies coordination .
The perfect world...

http://interorbital.com/TubeSat_1.htm

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE