Hi Jan,

I have had consistently good success with the Doppler correction in HRD. I
use it to guide either two FT-817NDs, or one 817 and a FT-857D. However, I
have encountered issues with what I believe to be the load on the Atom
processor in the Acer netbook I use.

Even though Simon has noted here and elsewhere that the Satellite tracking
program is now "stand-alone" in V 5.0, I cannot connect radios to it without
first launching HRD and connecting to it. That appears to result in issues
here. I have had the netbook lock up multiple times, including times when I
was about to attempt some low-angle DX contacts on grand old AO-7.

I continue to use SatPC 32 here because I don't have those lock-up issues
with it. The program runs flawlessly for me, and I have seen posts here from
other operators who have similar consistent success with SatPC 32 and the
venerable FT-847.

I continue to hope that some future version of HRD will, indeed, make it
possible to use ONLY the satellite tracking program - without the need to
first connect radios to HRD. It always has been possible for me to work
digital modes through DM780 without launching HRD, so I hope that kind of
independence will become part of the satellite tracking program in the
future.

73,

Tim - N3TL
Athens, Ga. - EM84ha