Hi Bob:

Not sure by your description , what type of CP antenna you have.
Here is a link for the common old KLM.
http://download.qrz.ru/pub/hamradio/antenna/klm/KLM-2M-22C.pdf

You have 3 options.
1.  Surf the web for info, on how to rebuild the box and water proof it.
2.  Surf for tips on how best to rewire the antenna for Fixed Right-Hand-CP. By
removing the switch you maybe able to improve you gain and reduce switch
induced losses.
3. Replace it with a M2,  2MCP22

I use to have the KLM 2m-22CP.  I found the switch box unreliable and had high
loss.  The Driven elements were hollow aluminum tubes that would fill with
water, Freeze and crack.  After a few years I took it down and replaced it
with the  2MCP22.  I have had good luck with it and I do not miss the polarity
switch.  And I do not have problems with water getting into the switch or
connector junction blocks.
wf1f Miles