I don't know if this is applicable or not--but---

1) Do you have anything connected to pin 1 of the ACC socket?

Keep in mind that if the audio level on pin 1 is "too high" the PTT doesn't
work.  This is readily evident when using a TNC where the audio level is too
high; the TNC tries to PTT, but the rig won't key.

2) A different thought---maybe the microphone audio is muted when the rear ACC
socket is keyed.  That is common so as to keep from having a "hot mic" when
transmitting via a TNC.

73,

Mark N8MH

At 07:17 AM 1/24/2010 +1100, Tim Tuck wrote:
>Hi Bob,
>
>Pin 3 can not be set to only tx on a specific mode BUT it can be set to
>only tx for a specific band. ( Page 58 of the manual ) I've been right
>throught the service manual and I cant see any way that your rig would
>do what it does. My suspicion is that the CPU has tied itself in knots
>for some reason, thus you might like to do a factory reset of your rig.
>( page 18 or page 77 of the user manual )
>
>If you do a reset you will loose all your memories and settings.
>
>I know pin 3 works for all modes since I use it with a buxxcom interface
>for FSK441 for meteor scatter on 2m USB
>
>regards
>
>Tim
>
>--
>
>VK2XTT :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK :: AMSAT

Hello

I am trying to set up my 910/sequencer/amp.  Checking things out before hard
wiring everything I discovered when grounding pin 3 of the acc socket the radio
does go to xmit, and will do cw, Â however to send ssb the ptt on the mic has
to be pushed.  At times I use a Heil head set that has no PTT and I simply
push the xmit on the radio.  Do I have to pick off the PTT at the mic
connector?  I am probably overlooking something obvious.  What do you 910
experts have to say.

As always, thankyou

73 Bob W7LRD

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]