This problem, in my experience, was caused by Vista's User Account Control
not allowing Orbitron to write any new data to the hard drive. There are two
ways to solve this:

1. Run Orbitron as Administrator (right click on the icon -> Run as
Administrator)

2. Disable User Account Control. This can be done by going to the Control
Panel, then User Accounts, and somewhere in there (I do not remember exactly
since all my boxes run Windows 7 now) there is a checkbox that will allow
you to turn UAC off. Reboot the computer after disabling UAC for the changes
to take effect.

Hope this helps.

73,
Sam KC2LRC