From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Wilson
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:39 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Telemetry for a newbie

Hi all,

My Gulf antenna arrived last week and togther with my recently aquired
FT-736 I should be up and running within the month.

My initial reason for building my satellite station was to receive and
decode telemetry from the sats, hoping to monitor their condition over a
period of time. I realise that some transmit TLM via morse, some via AX25,
and some via 96K packet.

What would be the best sat to start with, especially AX25? - Does AO51 send
TLM all the time or only over the USA? What resource is the best for
reading? Does the F&-736 need modifying for high speed packet reception?

Many thanks for any help.

Peter
G8KEK
AMSAT-UK 6897