From: Clint Bradford <clintbra...@earthlink.net>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Sunday, 7 March, 2010 20:23:12
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Current Handheld

>> ...  "what is the best current handheld for FM sats"??

We do not have a currently-manufactured TRUE DUPLEX HT available. Alinco tried
- but the sub-band receive performance on their DJ-G7T is gruesome.

I use and like the Yaesu FT-60R - for MANY reasons ...

-Receives 108 to a gig
-bulletproof case
-strongest belt clip of any amateur HT chassis on the market
-easy to manually program
-1,000+ memories
-large, easy-to-read display
-and a battery situation that is great. Load up the optional FBA-25 AA alkaline
tray with alkalines or NiMH cells, and you have FULL TX POWER available, is
needed. Do that on, say, a Kenwood TH-F6a, and you have ONE-HALF WATT TX power.

Oh - and the Yaesu FT-60R can be programmed for "split freq" ops - where is
receives on 440 and transmits on 2M.

Overall, it is a tremendous value for your money. Under $200 at HRO and AES and
other authorized Yaesu dealers.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666