i think avmap unit  might do that HRO sells them    they had  some  packet
compatibility

nearly all   gps   units will give   driving directions  and  all will   show
lat long    dunno  bout grid squares   but maybe  avmap does

On Mar 25, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:

> Garmin handheld units give grid squares and indicate directions.
> If you want one that talks, possibly not.
>
> On 25-Mar-10 17:07, Bob- W7LRD wrote:
>>

>> Hello
>>
>> Is there a GPS device that has the capability of
>>
>> 1. giving directions
>>
>> 2. showing lat/long or even grid squares
>>
>> 73 Bob W7LRD

>> 19:33:00
>>

> --
> Nigel A. Gunn,  1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA.  tel +1 937
> 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF),  e-mail ni...@ngunn.net       www
> http://www.ngunn.net
> Member of  ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548,  Flying Pigs QRP Club
> International #385,
>            Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691,  AMSAT-UK 0182, MKARS,  ALC,
> GCARES, XWARN.

Myles Landstein
myles.landst...@gmail.com
please note my   new email address
dti will soon be eliminated , gmail is my new home  update your dir