I was not trying to start a D-STAR discussion!  I was simply saying that
there are 4800 bps GMSK sound card modems being worked on and pointed to
the groups where that discussion is underway. Ignore the protocol and
content and look at the modem design in software. Then go from there.

D-STAR DV has already been used via satellite and it worked fine is what
I understood. But was just an experiment not a proposal for a new
satellite mode.

73, Tom n4zpt