I went home for a "lunch break" and was able to copy them on CW (but
not SSB) with the following:

M2 440-18 (an 11' vertical/linear antenna that claims 14.5 dBd)
ARR MSP432VDG-160 preamp (claims 0.55 dB NF)
TS-2000X radio, CW mode, filter width betwen 600Hz and 200Hz

It wasn't arm-chair copy, but after nudging the array around a bit, I
could make out characters and their call.  Didn't try to listen to
anybody else (assuming they would quite a bit lower).

The moon was around 67 deg elevation, right in the small "hole" of the
forest canopy growing at my home :)

Anyhow, it was fun, and given their low output, will be fun to listen
tomorrow with a repaired amp!

73,

Mark N8MH

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Bill Dzurilla <billdz....@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm at work and not QRV, but I had no problem copying them with a single 12
> el. yagi leaned again the chair when they did the test a couple of weeks ago,
> and most everyone else gave them good reports.  At the time, they were
> running 50w, a barefoot Kenwood TS-2000.  They must have changed rigs if now
> they only have 20w.  And something else must be wrong, because even folks
> with big antennas are having trouble copying them (more so than the 50w vs.
> 20w would suggest).
>
> There's a live feed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kp4ao-eme
>
> Good luck and 73,
> Bill NZ5N
>
>> From: Sebastian <w...@bellsouth.net>
>> Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Arecibo
>> To: "Mark L.Hammond" <marklhamm...@gmail.com>
>> Cc: AMSAT BB <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
>>
>> I can hear very faint CW from them.
>>
>> I'm surprised as I have just a single yagi, and apparently
>> their amp isn't working.
>>
>> 73 de W4AS

Mark L. Hammond [N8MH]