Pete -
I have had one for about 1 1/2 years - on the 70cm antenna.
When the GO-32 9K6 BBS board was up it made the difference between
reliably receiving and not.
(I am working on getting on the AO-51 BBS)
I know S meter readings are all relative --   I usually see  at least
+20  when the polarization is correct.
I have roof mounted antennas so I was able to do the modification
without taking the antenna down.
I did shift the antenna mounting position on the boom to account for
the extra length/weight.
During installation checkout - I did have an  issue with the
protection diode that was installed across the relay --  I had to replace it.
Other than that -- it has worked fine.

73,
Bruce
WA3SWJ