Hi folks,

Now that the Arecibo event is behind us, there is still one puzzle that I'd
like someone to explain to me.  How do I aim at the Moon?

I'm on the US West Coast.  Early in the pass on Saturday, both Predict and
Orbitron told me that the Moon's azimuth from here should be slightly north of
east.  It was in the 80-ish degree range, with east, of course, being 90.

But looking at Orbitron's map display, the Moon was clearly south of my
latitude.  As the pass progressed, the Moon moved westward on the map, making a
sharper angle to the south of east from here.  Both Predict and Orbitron's Az
calculation increased too (eventually crossing 90 degrees), but always seemed
to be north of where the Moon was.

Why would I aim north to hit a southbound Moon?

Greg  KO6TH