I used them with preamps mounted on a 10 foot piece of PVC for a couple
years. Not the greatest, but still made enough contacts to stay
interested. I also used an Arrow on a camera tripod roughly pointed
toward the max elevation azimuth on some low passes where the M2 loops
didn't perform as well.

Joe KC8RAN