From: Graham Shirville <g.shirvi...@btinternet.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Sun, May 9, 2010 12:38 pm
Subject: [amsat-bb] Portable SSB satellite operation advice requested

Hi all,
Later this month I hope to be trying some satellite operation from a boat
rom the seas around Scotland, Norway and up inside the Arctic circle.
I have my trusty Kenwood TDH7 and Arrow combination for possible FM use but
ave been wondering whether to take an FT817 for SSB transmit  and perhaps a
H-F6A/F7E for receive.
I would appreciate any advice on the suitability/practicability  of the
atter combination..it has the advantage of being already available!
thanks
Graham
3VZV

=