With AO-51 in mode V/S i start to test a wave guide filter model ITS 1653C made
by ITS corporation Mc Murry PA.
The wave guide centered on 2401Mhz with a band pass covering 2400 to 2402Mhz
with a very low insertion loss.

The first test made on my last AO-51 pass confirm all the qrm out of the
passband if effectively reduced a lot.

More test will be needed to confirm if the filter effectively help my AIDC
downconverter reception

P.S. when i dismantle the antenna coax from the AIDC connector i saw the N
female connector full of white rust. Even with a carefull taping
only the antenna connector show this type of corosion. I suspect the N male
adaptor and the is made of a different alloy than the AIDC N
connector.
After one year at the top of the tower the corrosion take his toll and it will
a good thing to check your AIDC downconverter connector
condition.

I don't know how i was able to hear on 2401mhx  with a so white powder rusted
connector?

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE