k8...@aol.com wrote:
> Is it not advantageous to be able to hear your own audio during the pass
> and thus be able to determine how well you're getting into the bird?
> Making
> quick antenna corrections can lengthen your time on the air ... can it
> not?
> -- I'm an Arrow antenna guy --
>
> I am quite surprised the DJ-G7 does not have the full duplex
> capability (if
> that's the case).
>
>    - - - Guess I'll hold on to my old trusty FT-470 a little longer.  :-)
>
> 73, Gary  -K8KFJ-
> West Virginia
> Sat VUCC #125

I cannot stress enough how important full duplex is, especially to the
new op. You know if you made it through, you can peak the antenna
orientation for max signal while transmitting, and it leads to less
congestion and logjams on the repeater.

The 470 and it's successor the 530 were both fine satellite HTs. The
Kenwood D7 is as well. The Alinco G7 is not, although I use the radio
quite a bit otherwise.

73, Drew KO4MA