The important thing to remember is that radio communications must be hard to
do, require extra effort, if not repeated failure as well as persecution by
those who have succeeded one time before, and it is most vital that anyone with
existing equipment should never be required to change gear.   But those with
incompatible gear must buy old stuff to meet the approval of those who have
spent the past 50 years talking to the same people using the same mode and
antennas to prove, repeatedly that they can say 73 and Roger while holding
their mic, tuning their transceiver and switching antenna polarization all
while eating a donut.

It is important to get the facts right and not do anything that would make
there be no reason to get another box of donuts for the coming week of
Roger-73s.

After all amateur radio is about socialization and personal communications.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW