On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 04:05:51PM +0200, i8cvs wrote:
> [...]

Domenico,

The payload including William's transponder was recovered two hours
after splash-down in a montainous area covered completely with forest.
No GSM communication in that area - 6 different providers were
under test ! Only the Global Star configuration was successful
in receiving the precise landing coordinates - a narrow trail
between 30 m high trees on both sides.
Three previous flights ended up always high up in trees and the
help of the fire brigades was needed - for cutting down the trees ;-)

The next flight will be this weekend (Saturday, June 26) at the
Ham Radio fair in Friedrichshafen. Planned height 28 km, not high
enough for Napoli - sorry !

Vy 73 de Viktor OE1VKW