The 2010 Colloquium will follow the same format as last year, and will be
held again at the Holiday Inn in Guildford.

The formal programme will be held on Sat and Sun 31st Jul and 1st Aug. The
presentations will start on Sat 31st Jul at 10am in the Clandon suite (same
room as last year).

Last year, quite a few delegates arrived on Friday afternoon/evening and we
held an impromptu social gathering away from the hotel. We plan to do the
same this year, and also hold a beginners session on Friday afternoon,
probably starting at approx 4pm.

All the 'normal' events will be there, eg Saturday night Gala dinner, AMSAT
Shop, GB4FUN, auction, raffle, etc, etc.

All bookings and payments MUST BE MADE direct to the hotel, and you are
advised to book early, as the hotel will only reserve accommodation for us
for a limited period. The prices are the same as last year, ie £128, which
includes attendance at the presentations, overnight accommodation on Sat
night, the Sat Gala dinner, breakfast on Sunday morning, and unlimited tea
and coffee during the two days.

There is also a two day package, same as above, but with accommodation on
Friday night and breakfast on Sat morning in addition. The cost of this
package is £193. If you do not wish to stay overnight in the hotel, the
there is a day package for £25 per day (£10 on Friday). Cost of Gala dinner
on Sat on its own, £20. B and B for Sunday night £75. (None of the above
packages/prices include lunch).

All bookings and payments must be made with the hotel. Please contact Emily
Morris in the Business Centre on +44 (0) 1483 784437  emily.mor...@ihg.com.

We are in the process of putting together the programme, and Dave Johnson,
G4DPZ, has kindly agreed to do this again this year. Please consider
contributing a presentation or some form of demonstration, etc. Dave can be
contacted at dave.john...@blackpepper.co.ukthis e-mail address is being
protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

This next Colloquium will be our 25th, so please support this event, and
help us celebrate our 25th anniversary! For those who can remember that far
back, it seems a long time since Harrow School, where, I think, the first
one was held?? Anyone got any photographs of early events? It would be great
to have some on show at this year's event? Please email me if you can
contribute.

You can keep up to date with the latest arrangements and news, by checking
http://www.uk.amsat.org/content/view/704/283/

I, and the rest of the AMSAT-UK committee, look forward to seeing you there.

Jim Heck, G3WGM, g3...@amsat.org