Hi, Pat --

A great way to answer these questions more quickly is to use the
resource at http://oscar.dcarr.org There you will find real-time
reporting of the availability and mode of various satellites,
including AO-51. It includes info from around the world, so you can
often get an update 15 minutes before your pass begins. If we all
occasionally indicate our observations, especially when states change,
we can keep each other instantly up to date.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP

http://ve9qrp.blogspot.com