All satellites must be operated as part of a licensed service.  To the best of
my knowledge there is no equivalent to the FCC's Part 15 for satellite
operations.  Further since it is required that all satellites have the
capability of being commanded off, two-way communication is also aways
required.  It is a mistake I see frequently that people think that local rules
regarding low power RF emitters can be applied to a project with international
implications like a satellite.

73,
Lee-KU4OS