----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob- W7LRD" <w7...@comcast.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:54 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] KR500 bearings

> Hi-I am looking for a supplier of bearings and the support for them for
the KR500 el rotor. I called Vertex and they're not sure if the bearings are
the same as the current 5400/5500 series. The Kenpro product line is no
longer in production.

> 73 Bob W7LRD
>
> Seattle

Hi Bob, W7LRD

The diameter of each ball for the bearing of a KR500 is 0.312" or 5 / 16
inch
or 7.9375 mm. I suggest you to remove both stainless steel bearing holders
throw it away and add 2 or 3 more balls in each bearing in order to replace
the room of the holders teeth. I did it but I do not remember exactly if I
added 2 or 3 more balls. Fill the bearing wrinkles of the rotor housing with
black dense molibdene grease and pull the balls in it.It works very well for
me from many years now.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico