Hi!

Thanks for all the QSOs on AO-51 and FO-29 this afternoon/evening,
from the parking lot of the Holiday Inn hosting this year's AMSAT
Symposium here in the Chicago area (grid EN62aa).  With 15 QSOs on
the AO-51 pass at 2235 UTC, and 5 more on the FO-29 pass around
2330 UTC, it was a great way to enjoy the nice weather outside the
hotel.  Thanks to W4DFU for showing up on both of these passes, as
part of the College Satellite Night.

For both of these passes, I had audiences - something I had not
planned on.  I'm not operating as an "official station" for the
Symposium, but as an opportunity to work from yet another different
location.  I had an audience of 1 for the AO-51 pass (Mark N8MH
wandered out to see what I was doing), then a larger audience when
I was on FO-29.  I'm sorry I didn't note the names and calls of
everyone who was outside for the later pass.  Along with John K8YSE,
the rest of the crowd were hams from the Chicago area - most of whom
John and I followed to a nearby restaurant for dinner after that pass.
Photos were taken, so they may surface at some point.  :-)

I'm looking forward to the official start of the Symposium tomorrow
afternoon.  I plan on working a few more passes between now and
Sunday morning, and then more activity once the Symposium closes
before returning home Monday evening.  73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Elk Grove Village, Illinois
http://www.wd9ewk.net/