Bob,

I built the LVB tracker up from one of Howard's early bare boards.

I had these problems interfacing to an old Wilson 550 rotor. I added relay
circuits inside the old rotor box. The relay coils had supression diodes. The
relays were switching 120 VAC which I think was the root cause. I started this
project with the LVB tracker's power supplied from the rotor. I eventually gave
the LVB tracker its own supply. Then I added supression circuirtry inside the
LVB Tracker cabinet. I finally solved the problem and ran for years until the
rotor just gave out mechanically.

The spikes would stop the tracker in a pass when there was relay activity.
Sometimes I could just power down/up and  the LVB tracker everything would
be OK. Sometimes reload SATPC32, and occassionally it would corrupt the
calibration constants so I had to reload. One thing is certain, the LVB Tracker
is a tough one.

When the rotor gave out, I purchased a 5500. No problems using the 5500.

Food for thought, and I don't want to send you down the wrong path.

Listen to Howard.

Good luck with your problem.

Mike
K9QHO