I just returned to the house after working a non-ham-radio-related event since
6:30 this morning (a nonprofit equine rehab center that my wife and I are board
members). But I just HAVE to check email before crashing ...

There are some who say that promoting working the FM birds is a futile effort.
"Nothing comes of it," I have seen a few write.

Well, this email is from a person who worked JOTA last weekend. I was supposed
to - but instead was presenting my show at PACIFICON in San Ramon, CA. But I
traded notes with this person ... we compared pass times and freq data ... I
have been to their club three times the past three years to give me
presentation and demo. And we even worked each other: me from the parking lot
in San Ramon, and she with her Scouts in Victorville, CA.

>From her email just received ...

Hi Clint! Hope you and Karen's trip up north went well.

Well, you have started something.

I have gotten some local hams interested or re-interested
in working AMSAT. And I have been doing some more demos locally.

I am the low-tech version - with a compass, and recorder hung around
my neck and a clipboard with the sat passes info.
And since I can't hold the antenna up that long, I have it mounted on a
tripod. Don't laugh - it works!

And I am even tromping out at 10:00 pm (very bright last night).

And Bruce and I have subscribed to AMSAT mag and joined.

Thanks again, Clint.

73 - Christy KB6LTY

NO, Christy, I am not "laughing." But there is a broad smile on my
face tonight. THANK YOU for joining AMSAT. And thank you for your
infectious enthusiasm.

Clint, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com