At 03:43 AM 11/5/2010, Chris Bloy wrote:
>Hi Robert,
>

> >> Non-working Amateur Satellite still in-orbit? (AO-13?)
> >>
> >Oscar III...then Oscar V...Oscar V has no chance of coming back to life, it
>was battery powered.. III?  I dont think that there were enough solar cells
>on it to actually power the bird, but I could be >wrong.  I do listen for
>it.

As I said in my last message, I'd have to check. ;)

> >> Non-working commercial sat? Vanguard-1?
> >Yes. Technically the rocket body is older but that is the oldest in orbit
>

>Technically the R/B isn't a satellite??

The R/B _is_ a satellite if it's in orbit around the Earth, and it's
non functional - it became non functional when it finished its job of
putting the satellite into its orbit. :)

>"The record holder appears to be ATS-3 still nominally operational after an
>amazing 41 years!"

That's impressive!

>That's a record we want AO-7 to break isn't it?

Would be nice. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com